Wednesday 1 June 2016

Trashy entry #2 THE ETERNAL FORCE

This post is written by immensely talented ANEESHA KHANNA who's presently a student. Her writings include several beautifully crafted poems that have simple language yet run way too deep when her thoughts are revealed. Trashy Blogs thanks her and wishes her all the luck for her future!   


I don’t see him as a man
With powers infinite
Nor do I see him as a magical light
He is not someone I need to please
Fasting and spending hours in the temple
But mind filled with greed
I don’t see him as a goal that I got to achieve
Nor do I need to climb mountains
To prove that yes “I do believe!”
I don’t see him as the power
That can free the guilt of my sins
Nor do I see him as a statue
Who needs to be honored with animal offerings

I see him as a force
The force within
That gives me power to change anything
I see him as a spark
That ignites a deep fire on the inside
The strength that guides
And never lets me take the wrong side
I see him as a potential
That we all need to realize
The potential to do good to the world
Without expecting any prize
I see him as the courage
The courage to rectify my sins
And help me learn
To rise above
Caste, creed and sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SEEKING CONDOLENCE: Quest to find Happiness

I gathered my hair into a tight knot, ignoring the bold grey ones who mocked at me through the looking mirror. But as I wiped my face with...